Eddie Taia, LLB – Solicitor
Eddie is Franklin Law’s senior litigator.
He assists clients in handling disputes in relation to contracts, building issues (including leaky homes), employment, property and intellectual property issues. Eddie has broad experience representing clients at all levels of courts.
Eddie also has experience in Māori Land Court matters and in representing claimants in Treaty of Waitangi cases. He has expertise in Māori business, advising iwi, organisations and corporations.
His approach to client work is both pragmatic and sensible and, where appropriate, he aims to resolve disputes amicably.
Eddie has previous experience as a junior barrister in Auckland’s Shortland Chambers; in the Far North as a senior litigation solicitor and as an Associate with another Auckland City law firm.
He has completed in triathlons and lists competing in Ironman events as one of his greatest personal achievements. He enjoys mountain biking, cycling, running, kayaking and surfing. He also has a keen interest in motorcycles, owns a trail bike for riding off road, and a race-ready Supersport motorcycle.
- Rimini Ltd t/a Cleantastic International v Manning Management and Marketing Pty Ltd t/a Cleantastic International NSW  3 NZLR 22
- Proprietors of Hiruharama Ponui Block Inc v Attorney-General  2 NZLR 478
- Proprietors of Hiruharama Ponui Block Inc v Attorney-General (No 2)  1 NZLR 394
- Harte v Wood t/a Wayne Wood Contractors  1 NZLR 526 (Court of Appeal).
- Otago Station Estates Ltd v Parker  2 NZLR 734 (Supreme Court)
- European Stone Surfaces Ltd v Italian Surfaces NZ Ltd (2006) 18 PRNZ 165
- Re Bay Foundation  NZAR 485