If you are buying or selling a property, are a building company specialising in the sale of spec or bespoke homes, or have any general construction law matter with which you need assistance, our team has the legal knowledge and expertise to assist.
Legal issues in these areas can be complex and challenging to navigate, which is why we work closely with our clients to not only ensure they have a clear understanding of their position, but also have a firm grasp on the pragmatic options available to them.
In addition to residential property, we have expertise in the field of construction law, having successfully assisted clients with building disputes (including via adjudication under the Construction Constructs Act) and the preparation of bespoke contracts and terms.
How we can help
We have a team dedicated to residential property and construction law matters and can assist you with any aspect including:
- First home purchases, including assistance with:
- KiwiSaver and First Home Grant
- First Home Loan (via Kainga Ora)
- Kainga Ora First Home Partner shared ownership
- “Off the plan” transactions, including the sale or purchase of bare land or “house and land” packages
- Mortgages and refinancing
- Co-owners/property-sharing agreements
- Residential tenancy matters
- Matters concerning Unit Titles and Cross Leases
- Complex title issues
- Preparation of bespoke sale and purchase agreements
- Building contracts/construction law (including dispute resolution).