Personal Client and Estate Matters
Wills, Trusts & Estate Planning
“Organising your personal and estate affairs, and ensuring your assets are protected during your lifetime and beyond, is one of the most responsible and important things an individual can do.” Franklin Law Partner and Personal Client and Estate Matters Team Leader, Kelly Jones.
Whether it is a will that you require, the establishment of a family trust, or legal advice when entering into a new relationship or upon a separation, it is important that you have sound legal advice and the right documentation and plans in place.
The Personal Client team at Franklin Law is highly experienced in providing legal advice for asset and estate planning for clients and their families and administering trusts and estates. We recognise that each of our clients’ personal circumstances are unique and we will work with you to ensure your individual or family’s needs are met in an efficient and cost effective way.
If you are contemplating retirement we have broad experience with retirement villages, residential care subsidies, reverse annuity mortgages and other elder care issues to ensure you receive the right entitlements and care, and your estate is managed according to your wishes.
Our Personal Client team can assist you with:
Wills & Powers of Attorney
- Life Interest Wills
- Enduring Powers of Attorney
- General Powers of Attorney
Trusts & Asset Planning
- Advice on trust usage and structures
- Asset protection
- Family trusts
- Special purpose trusts
- Advice on the role of trustees
- Review and restructure of existing trust structures
- Resettlements & distributions from trusts
- Administration of trusts
- Independent trustee service
- Advice on all aspects of relationship property matters both at the commencement of a relationship and on separation
- Relationship property agreements between de facto couples and spouses
- Separation agreements
- Dissolution of marriage
- Spousal maintenance claims
- Rest home and residential care subsidy advice
- Moving into a retirement village
- Reverse annuity mortgages
- Protection of personal & property rights
- Obtaining Probate and letters of administration
- Administering estates
- Advising executors and trustees